EXCLUSIVE SHIFT MX MOTOCROSS GEAR: SD84
History of Shift MX?
Arriving into the motocross scene in 1997, Shift MX was born out of a disagreement between Greg and Pete Fox on the future of motocross gear. Shift MX was born on the basis of creating on the freedom to follow the trend of the free ride movement. The initial two riders were Jeff Emig and Seth Enslow. The brand originally embodied a freestyle lifestyle, however Emig was able to introduce Shift into the motocross scene. The company re-birthed in 2011 and is now one of the top motocross gear companies in the sector. Some notable current riders who wear Shift are Josh Hansen, Jett Lawrence, Christian Craig, Jeremy Martin, Jett Lawrence, Colby Raha and others.
Exclusive to Athlete Only Riders
Typically reserved for athlete only riders, Shift MX decided to drop their first ever exclusive release producing limited quantities of the SD84 gear combo. The designers at Shift MX came up with this unique design to celebrate the race in San Diego, California. This BLACK Label gear set features an 80s uniform vibes based off the 1984 Padres, calling it the SD84.
With Geico Honda riders out for San Diego, Josh Hansen debuted the gear at San Diego Press Day. Shift MX decided to call these limited edition gear sets “Athlete Exclusives” or super limited runs and super premium.
While San Diego SX is usually Military Appreciation weekend, Shift MX decided to release this design based on the San Diego Padres. Teams around the pits were seen sporting their special camo graphics for the weekend.
Pictured to the left is a photo of the San Diego Padres uniform from 1984 to explain where Shift MX got their design from.
Shift MX Gear on MX Locker
PRODUCT DETAILS (JERSEY)
- Multi-panel construction for a superior fit and feel
- 4 way stretch woven fabric on sleeves for increased durability
- Technical moisture with polyester main body
- Mesh fabric throughout under sleeve and side panels for maximum ventilation
- Premium film logos
- Bonded neck and cuff opening reduce weight and overall profile for unique look and feel
- Drop tail keeps jersey tucked in
PRODUCT DETAILS (PANTS)
- Rigid and stretch panels for the ideal balance of flexibility and durability
- 600D main body provides durability while minimizing weight
- Laser perforated ventilation panels on knees and rear yoke for enhanced airflow
- Lightweight stretch mesh lower leg for increased comfort inside the boot
- Stretch rear yoke and front gusset allow for unrestricted movement
- Triple-layer knee provides excellent abrasion resistance inside & out
- External leather knee panels for heat & abrasion resistance
- 4-way rip-stop stretch paneling provides unrestricted movement
- Form-fitting construction for enhanced on-the-bike performance
- Internal silicone waistband keeps your jersey tucked
- Mesh internal liner for increased comfort
- Premium 3D silicone logo treatment
- Secure ratchet waist closure
- Zipper Pocket applied for added storage