MX Locker, Inc. owns and operates a marketplace that connects buyers, sellers, owners and renters of motorcycles. The purpose of our marketplace is to share the information you provide as an interested buyer or renter with those specific third-party sellers or owners you identify.
If you buy an ad on our marketplace to sell a motorcycle, you will be required to provide certain personal information to MX Locker to complete the transaction, as well as to protect both you and potential buyers/sellers from fraud. This additional personal information may include payment data (such as credit card information), or detailed information about you including your driver’s license, proof of ownership, or social security number. As disclosed below, we do not obtain, store, or tie this additional personal data to your MX Locker account or marketplace activity nor does this information get shared in detail with the sellers or owners.
Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect the following Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Services
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for or use our Services. This information may include:
- Contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, interests, and brand preferences.
- Demographic information, such as your postal code, gender, and age.
- Content you choose to upload to the Services, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased through the Services.
- Payment information, such as financial account numbers, payment card information, details regarding payments you make through the Services, and your billing address.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications from us, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means: We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Services. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID, Apple ID for Advertising, or other identifier that we may generate), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly through our mobile application.
A “cookie” is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Services gives to your browser when you access the Services. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Services and help us analyze Services usage more accurately. For instance, our Services may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Services. Browser web storage or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. “Web beacons” are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Services or in emails relating to the Services to collect certain personally non-identifiable information and monitor user activity on the Services, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon or whether certain content was viewed. A SDK is third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
We may also use Flash LSO on our website to collect and store information about your use of our website. Unlike cookies, Flash LSOs cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of Flash applications that we may use in connection with our website.
On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the Services features.
Information we obtain from Third Party Services:
One of the features of the Service is that it allows you to enable various online third party services, such as Facebook and, payment service providers etc. (“Third Party Services”), to be directly integrated into your MX Locker experience. To take advantage of this feature, you must establish a connection between your MX Locker account and your account with the relevant Third Party Services. In some cases, you may be able to establish an account with MX Locker using your login credentials with a Third Party Service.
Information we obtain from other third parties: We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
To operate the Services. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Services
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Services
- process and fulfill orders, such as by processing payments and facilitating the fulfillment of orders
- facilitate your to login to the Services via third-party identity and access management providers, such as Facebook, Google, and Apple
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- provide social features of the Service, such as by enabling users to establish connections with other users of the Services; enabling users to like, comment on, and share user content; and displaying certain user activity in an activity feed
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Services
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We analyze use of the Services to analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you MX Locker related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing or omitting information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event (or any such potential event), Personal Data may be disclosed as part of the transferred assets.
- Agents, Service Providers, Consultants and Related Third Parties: MX Locker, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases, identity verification, fraud monitoring, processing credit card payments etc. When we employ another person to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Third Party Services. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Services to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Services using Third Party Services, or otherwise linking your account with the Services to certain Third Party Services, we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
- Sellers. When you make a purchase from a user of the Services, we will disclose Personal Data, such as your username and the shipping address you provide, to that user to enable the fulfillment of your order.
- Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Services or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Services (such as comments, blogs, and photos), and we will display your username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. If you include any Personal Data or other information in a product listing or any other content that you upload to the Services, we have the right to publish that listing and other content (including without limitation any Personal Data or other information including in the listing) in connection with the operation of the Service or any other products or services of MX Locker, or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof (including publishing that listing and other content on the Internet or on Third Party Services such as Facebook, sharing it with blogs, etc.). Users have the ability as part of the Services to share your listings with others. We do not control how other users or third parties use any Personal Data that you make available to other users or the public.
- Professional Advisors: We may disclose your Personal Data with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us, in connection with the professional services that they provide to us.
- Legal Requirements: MX Locker may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of MX Locker or others, including by making and defending legal claims, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
- With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Data if we have your consent.
Your Rights and Choices:
- Access or Update Your Information: If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain Personal Data in your account profile by logging into the account. We will advise you when this occurs.
- Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Delete Your Account: You may request that we delete your account, and any information associated with your account, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
- Third Party Services: If you choose to connect to the Services via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party when you first connect to the Services using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook setting page for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
International Data Transfers:
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. We may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
MX Locker does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data through the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Other Websites, Mobile Applications, and Services:
MX Locker employs organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Contacting MX Locker:
Your California Privacy Rights:
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.